From Benoit Voisin <benoit.voi...@ergoidp.dk>
Subject RE: Problem with Logger and serialization
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:39:29 GMT
is the Log4J jar file available on the server classpath ?

Benoit

-----Original Message-----
From: thomassaxtoft [mailto:t.saxtoft@sondagsavisen.dk]
Sent: 09 August 2002 11:33
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Logger and serialization

Hi!

I have a class, UnitedPosting, which is serializable. It contains a logger:
static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(UnitedPosting.class);

My problem is now that passing the object from the client to server does not
work. I thought that making the Logger static should keep the object
serializable. I have also tried transient instead of static with the same
result.
I get no kind of error messages from the server (Orion). It just returns
without doing anything after the call from the client, and the client
continues as if everything was perfect.

When I uncomment the logger field everything works fine, but I have no
logger.

I appreciate any kind of help.

Thomas