From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject How can I kill chainsaw debug output?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:05:41 GMT
When I run Chainsaw, it spits out lots of logging info to the console, such
as:

[main] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.MyTableModel - Total time [ms]: 0 in
upda
te, size: 0
[Thread-3] INFO org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LoggingReceiver - Thread started
[Thread-3] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LoggingReceiver - Waiting for a
conne
ction

On UNIX type platforms I'm sure I can just redirect this to /dev/null if I
don't want to see it, but what do I do on Windows?  Specifically what I want
to do is to be able to launch chainsaw without having to have a DOS box
sitting there open on my machine.

I've tried two things so far, but both are not ideal due to the above:
1) Use a batch file and run it with the "start" command.  This would be
fine, since I usually have one DOS box open for doing various build junk or
whatever, but I just don't want it cluttered with the log4j output.
2) Run it as a service with JVMI2 (http://www.kcmultimedia.com/jvmi/) and
redirect stdout/err to a log file using their Logger stuff; this seems to
have failed to redirect and also still opens another DOS box, which is what
I wanted to avoid.

____
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity       http://www.codeintensity.com