From Bill Sorensen <b...@truewill.net>
Subject Re: [POLL] NDC over MDC
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:00:53 GMT
Hostname is logged within the NDC, in the "do stuff" section.  This servlet
doesn't permit one user to be logged in twice simultaneously.

I'm not disputing the value of MDC; I'm only saying that it's overkill for
some applications.

At 8/30/2002, you wrote:
> > NDC.push(currentUser.getCompanyId());
> > // do stuff
> > NDC.pop();
> > NDC.remove();
> >
> > I don't see the benefits of having a key string in the above code.  It
> > would appear to add unnecessary complexity.
>
>Not until you need to add one or more other values (e.g. 'hostname')...
>

>--
>Eric Jain

++++
Bill Sorensen, Programmer/Analyst, E-ASI Billing div. of ASItransact
bsorensen@asicentral.com
http://www.asitransact.com/EASI_Billing.html