From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Exclude a package
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:20:40 GMT

At 09:51 26.08.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>my question is simple. I would like to exclude any logs from a specific
>package in one of my projects. Assuming I have
>
>com.foo.myapp..
>
>and
>
>com.foo.framework....
>
>I would like that anything coming from com.foo.framework.* will NOT be
>logged.

You can turn off logging from the com.foo.framework package by setting
the level of the logger of the same name to OFF. This can be done in a
configuration file by writing:

log4j.com.foo.framework=OFF

This assumes that your loggers are named after the class where they are
located.

>Is it possible?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Stéphane
>
>PS : Do you know if it's possible to buy the log4j book in Europe? any URL?

The book can be purchased any where in the world, including Europe. On
the log4j documentation page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html) simply click
on the link "complete manual" or alternatively on the image with a
picture of a Dromesaur (bird-like Dinosaur).

--
Ceki