From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Log4J book (considering buying but want feedback as to EJB/NDC coverage)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:15:57 GMT

Ryan,

Luc's assessment is unflattering but fair. The next version of the
book that will be released tomorrow. I will complete chapters 1
though 6, that is the introduction, architecture, configuration scripts,
appenders, layouts, and filters. Chapter 7 covering NDC and MDC and
chapter 8 covering log4j usage in EJB or servlet containers is slated
for the end of this month.

Progress on the book as been slow but please keep in mind that I also
help maintain the log4j code base.  What you pay today will get you at
the end a polished and very up to date book. I think that the book is
nevertheless useful for most users, even in its current draft state.

--
Ceki