From "Bhangale, Bhushan" <Bhushan.Bhang...@g-trade.com>
Subject How Log4j must be working?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:30:00 GMT
Hi All,

I am wondering how log4j is built?

I understand that it works on a event driven model. I guess this event
driven model is based on Queue data structure where from one side all the
events are getting stored by the function which we call like log.info(),
log.error() etc. The log4j thread must be running continuously on the Queue
to read the event from other end and do something.

Am I right? What is the best java collection class to use as a Queue?

Thanks & Regards
Bhushan Bhangale
Sr. Software Engineer
Fusion Infotech India Private Ltd.
Ph. no. - 1-212-641-6932 (O)

"The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that
either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses."