From "Bhangale, Bhushan" <Bhushan.Bhang...@g-trade.com>
Subject RE: WARN No appenders could be found for logger
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:26:55 GMT
Check what the log4j is doing be setting log4j.debug property to true.

-----Original Message-----
From: sunita agrawal [mailto:ag_sunita@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:13 PM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: WARN No appenders could be found for logger

       Thanks for reply .I have wrote   log4j.category.mycategory=DEBUG, R2

  at the end of the file  but   still getting the same message. I am using
servlet to initialize the log4j propertyconfigurator.

My application was logging messages fine earlier with only one file appender

and the  rootCategory.i tried with few  other properties file also but
getting same message.

Thanks,
ag

>From: Swami Iyer <SIyer@descartes.com>
>To: "'Log4J Users List'" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: WARN No appenders could be found for logger Date: Wed, 14
>Aug
>2002 13:32:41 -0400
>
>Your log4j.category.mycategory=DEBUG, R2 must be after the definitions
>of the appender R2.
>
>Swami

"The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that
either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses."