From "Bhangale, Bhushan" <Bhushan.Bhang...@g-trade.com>
Subject RE: classloader problem
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:22:04 GMT
You are adding the log4j.properties path in J2EE_CLASSPATH System variable
whereas you need to add it in CLASSPATH system variable which is a standard
one.
All the properties file reader in java looks for file in CLASSPATH only.

Your J2EE_CLASSPATH is only for the application server you are using.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiefer, Hardy [mailto:Hardy.Kiefer@softwareag.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 5:36 AM
To: 'log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: classloader problem

> Hello All,
> can anybody help me.
> I use the application server included in j2eesdk1.3.1 and my component
> uses log4j 1.1.3. The problem is, that log4j.properties can never be
> loaded, but it is in the J2EE_CLASSPATH.
>
> With -Dlog4j.ConfigDebug=true I got:
>
> log4j: Trying to find [log4j.properties] using
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@71732b class loader.
> log4j: Trying to find [log4j.properties] using
> ClassLoader.getSystemResource().
> log4j: Could not find resource: [log4j.properties]. log4j:ERROR No
> appenders could be found for category
> (com.<myCompany>.<myPackage>.AbstractConnectionFactory).
> log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
> Has anybody any idea?
>
> thanks,
> Hardy

"The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that
either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses."