From "Bhangale, Bhushan" <Bhushan.Bhang...@g-trade.com>
Subject RE: newbie logging question
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:15:21 GMT
You are not asking fro filename and line number in your RollingFileAppender
pattern than how can you expect for filename and line numbers in log?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hirst [mailto:dhirst@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 9:40 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: newbie logging question

log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, R

# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n

log4j.appender.R.File=/infosystems/iplanet/ias6-dhirst/ias/logs/travel/MyTra
velLog

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Keep one backup file
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c (%x) - %m%n

log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.servlet.MyTravelServlet=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.RTSLogger=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.GDSLogger=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.BookingDirectorLogger=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.BookingDataBuilderLogger=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.mitre.mytravel.ejb.DirectorProxyLogger=DEBUG

"Shapira, Yoav" wrote:

> Hi,
> What does your layout conversion pattern for this appender look like?
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

"The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that
either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses."