From "Charlie Cano" <Charlie.C...@bangnetworks.com>
Subject Excluding one category from root configuration
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:16:18 GMT

Hey all,

I'm trying to configure log4j in the following way:

I want every category with priority INFO or above to use, say Appender_A EXCEPT one specific
category.

Basically, I'm looking for something like "exclude catetory X" in the <root> XML element
of log4j.xml

Is there an easy way to do this?

This is what I have now for my root tag:

<root>

    <priority value="INFO" />

    <appender-ref ref="EVENT_LOG" />

</root>

How can I EXCLUDE anything from Category_X from going to the EVENT_LOG appender?

- Charlie