From "Barr, Jud" <Barr....@principal.com>
Subject FileAppender setFile(String, boolean) not defined in 1.2.3
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:06:10 GMT
I have started to evaluate migrating our internal applications from Log4j 1.1.1 to 1.2.3.

The first problem I noticed is that we use DailyRollingFileAppenderExt.  I got DailyRollingFileAppenderExt
from another user of this list.  I don't see it in the contribs folder so I assume that no
one is currently maintaining it.

The problem is that it makes calls to the setFile(String, boolean) on FileAppender.

FileAppender no longer defines a setFile() method with a String and boolean parameters.

My first question is should FileAppender still have setFile(String, boolean) method for backward
compatibility?

If not, then my second question is, has anyone else already resolved this issue in 1.2.3.
 I can probably figure out how to modify DailyRollingFileAppenderExt to use the new setFile()
methods but would prefer to use (or at least look at) an existing solution.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Jud Barr
Principal Financial Group
Des Moines, Iowa