From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: log4j use in multiple tomcat web apps - properties file parsing errors
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:12:09 GMT

As far as I can tell, there is only one possible explanation. You have
a copy of log4j-XXX.jar in both WEB-INF/lib of your web application as
well as on the CLASSPATH or a copy of log4j-XXX.jar is in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/

Remove log4j.jar from the CLASSPATH and from $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/
if that is the case.

If log4j.jar is not on the CLASSPATH or $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ check
also $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

I'd appreciate if you'd report back even if this solves the problem.

--
Ceki

SUICIDE BOMBING - A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/1234567b
I am signatory number 22106. What is your number?