From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Log4j in multiple JVM's
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:49:19 GMT

There is no way to synchronize multiple VMs on a system resource such
as file. JDK 1.4 introduced the java.nio package which is supposed to
solve this problem.

At 13:47 03.06.2002 -0700, Klein, Scott @ TW wrote:
>Mike -
>
>what if you synchronized the file (subclassing FileAppender)? Aside from the
>performance implications, would that work?

Ceki

SUICIDE BOMBING - A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/1234567b
I am signatory number 22106. What is your number?