From Ben Sandee <tbsan...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Bug fix for HTMLFormat?
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:24:53 GMT

>Howdy all!
>
>I have just learned how to use the very cool org.apache.log4j.HTMLLayout
>class - and found a bug in the report. It prints the time stamp just above
>the log messages for each run:
>
>time-stamp
>report
>time-stamp
>report
>time-stamp
>report
>
>But it seems that the time stamps are not being printed in order so that I
>am instead getting:
>
>time-stamp
>time-stamp
>report
>time-stamp
>report
>time-stamp
>report
>report

Robert,

I've seen this type of behavior when I accidentally started multiple
instances of a JVM that was configured with the same log4j.properties,
to write to the same file on Solaris.  The OS would actually let
multiple processes append to the file but the ordering was not always
preserved.  Is it possible that this (or something similar) is happening
in your case?

Ben Sandee