From Bomb Diggy <techguy_chic...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: JDBCAppender - log connection pooling code to db?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:00:49 GMT
I'm confused about this.  I don't want to turn this
into a JDBC discussion, but are you saying that some
JDBC drivers magically hide *all* connection pooling
code somehow, and all I have to worry about is calling
getConnection() and closeConnection()?  In that case,
using JDBCAppender for logging really would be
trivial.

What about Poolman and GenericDataSource(Struts) and
other pooling mechanisms?  Are they unnecessary if I'm
using the latest and greatest driver, from say Oracle?

Muy confused....

Goooooooooooooooooooool..........  :)