From "Arivoli Tirouvingdame" <ariv...@marantinetworks.com>
Subject how to log messages from a given (source code) module to an appender?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:36:23 GMT
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Arivoli Tirouvingdame [mailto:arivoli@marantinetworks.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2002 01:05
An: 'Fenner, Thomas'
Cc: 'Lam Hoang'
Betreff: RE: Problem with your example xml file: log4j_test.xml

Hi,
    I downloaded the  log4j-1.2.3.jar and JDBCLog.jar from
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html.

    I want to filter the log message from a given module (source code)
to an appender.  I am having problems.  I looked at the
org.apache.log4j.spi.Filter class.  It has DenyAllFilter,
LevelMatchFilter and StringMatchFilter.  I couldnt get the examples in
StringMatchFilter.  Basically, the log messages may come from different
source code modules.  I want to add appenders for each module and log
them separately.

   I'd like to have some examples which explains me this.

thanks,
- oli