From "Arivoli Tirouvingdame" <ariv...@marantinetworks.com>
Subject RE: again multiple components using log4j causes problems
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:19:25 GMT
Hi all,

    I downloaded the  log4j-1.2.3.jar and JDBCLog.jar from
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/index.html.

    Our application consists of many modules.  I want to filter the log
message from a given module (source code module) to an appender.  I am
having problems.  I looked at the org.apache.log4j.spi.Filter class.  It
has DenyAllFilter, LevelMatchFilter and StringMatchFilter.  I couldnt
get the example programs for  StringMatchFilter.  Basically, the log
messages may come from different source code modules.  I want to add
appenders for each module and log each module separately.

   I'd like to have some examples which explains me this.

thanks,
- oli