From "Benedetta Barbieri" <bbarbi...@dianoema.it>
Subject RE: Release of log4j version 1.2.4
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:36:04 GMT
I started using log4j just a few weeks ago, I want to log to a database, my
application should be delivered within two months. What approach should I
use if you tell me not to use JDBCAppender anymore? Should I stay with log4j
1.2.3?

Thanks

Benedetta

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gulcu [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: giovedi 13 giugno 2002 0.15
To: log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org; log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Release of log4j version 1.2.4

Greetings,

Log4j developers are happy to announce the release of log4j 1.2.4.
This release fixes several relatively minor bugs. The integration of
LogFactor5 with log4j continues.

  - The JDBCAppender is marked as slated for replacement. Do not build
    critical software using it.

  - Added LogFactor5 documentation and examples. Further tests are
    required for full integration. [*]

  - XMLLayout can now output messages which contain embedded CDATA
    sections. This resolves bug #9750. Many thanks to Michael
    A. McAngus for supplying the relevant patch. [*]

  - The dispatcher thread associated with AsyncAppender is now marked
    as a deamon thread. This resolves bug #9750. [*]

  - Added missing NTEventLogAppender.dll as reported in bug #9606. [*]

    <log4j:event> is now made of logger and level attributes instead of
    category and priority. Changed XMLLayout to conform to the
    DTD. Chainsaw was changed to adapt to XMLLayout. [*]

  - Added missing LevelRangeFilter file. [*]

You can download log4j version 1.2.4 at

     http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/download.html

--
Ceki