From Andrew Tumpach <arcticman1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Extending appenders, classpath issues
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 18:55:27 GMT
Hi all,

I've created a couple custom appenders, but when deployed with my app on
WebSphere, I realized I have a classpath issue:  Log4J is on the JVM classpath,
but the app is not.  Therefore, Log4J cannot see these custom appenders.

Our admins (for good reasons) may be hesitant to allow applications to be on
the JVM classpath.  Log4J can't be moved to application classpaths instead of
JVM because it is used by EJBs in some projects.

Does anyone else know of alternate solutions?

Thanks,
Andrew