From Marish.Hirap...@alltelmd.com
Subject Re: Newbie cuestions
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:00:16 GMT

Enrique,

1. This should be determined by how much detail you want from your logs. We
have several different categories setup by functional area from our
application, so when we read the logs, we can just look within the
functional area we are interested in. If your project is small enough, you
may only need 1 logger. Some large apps may use hundreds.

2.  I have used the following line within my config.xml file to get the
class and line number with no problem.
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="CLASS=%C%nLine_No=%L"/>

-Manish

"Enrique Rodriguez" <lasterra@telefonica.net> on 04/03/2002 11:22:16 PM

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>