From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:15:00 GMT
Oops, I was wrong.  The rollovers DO occur, but not as I expected.  I guess I didn't read the
doc carefully enough.  I was expecting a file named BadExample.2002-04-30-18-01.log.  Instead,
I find the file is called BadExample.log.2002-04-30-18-01.

Is there any way to tweak this beast to perform as I wish it to?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Cohen
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 6:09 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: DailyRollingFileAppender

I am new to log4j (version log4j-1.2beta4) and am just kicking its tires, seeing the available
options.

The following puzzles me, though

With the following in my configuration file:

log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R.File=BadExample.log
log4j.appender.R.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm

That is my understanding of how the docs specify to implement this functionality.

I find that the rollover functionality is not working.  The logging continues to flow only
to BadExample.log.  No rollovers occur.

What am I doing wrong?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer