From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: log4j.disable
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:27:11 GMT
Hi,

In the Hierarchy class the disable family of methods have been removed and
replaced by setThreshold and getThreshold methods. This change is not
backward compatible.

The new directive is

log4j.threshold=aLevel

Here are some examples:

# turns off all logging
log4j.threshold=OFF

# throw away all DEBUG messages regardless of logger and its settings
log4j.threshold=INFO

# throw away all DEBUG and INFO messages regardless of logger and its settings
log4j.threshold=WARN

# This is the default. In other words, does not filter anything
log4j.threshold=ALL

HTH, Ceki

--
Ceki