From Chimbu Thankachan <chim...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject rotation of log happens only in certain situations why?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:43:35 GMT
Hi,

If anyone of you people remember, I had put up an
issue saying the the Rolling of the log doesnot work.

well today I found out that, the rolling will happen
only if the file is being written to when the rolling
condition is triggered.

ie let say I am using the option,
log4j.appender.Default.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH
this means that logfile should be rotated, but that
doesnot happen. The log file will be rotated only if
some program is writing into the log during 59th
minute of any hour.

Is this correct behaviour or is it a bug?

regards
chimbu