From "David Thielen" <d...@thielen.com>
Subject Re: Making the log4j library optional
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:41:25 GMT
worked - thanks - dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ceki Gülcü" <ceki@qos.ch>
To: "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>; "Log4J Users List"
<log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: Making the log4j library optional

Dave,

My proposed solution is to introduce a method such
as the following in your library:

void disableWinWardLogging() {
   if(winWardLoggingEnabled)
      return;

   Category cat = Category.getInstance("net.winward");
   cat.setPriority(Priority.FATAL);

   // In log4j 1.2
   // Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("net.winward");
   // logger.setLevel(Level.OFF);
}

The question is whether your library can call disableWinWardLogging
early in its initialization and how and when the winWardLoggingEnabled
is set.

Please let me know if this approach works for your library.

--
Ceki
My link of the month: