From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject Re: AW: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB, Struts, and WebLogic 6.1 together
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:42:11 GMT
Well you typically get faster log performance to a file. And there's much more flexibility
using regular expressions than select statements. I write all kinds of short Perl scripts
to do common log file parsing tasks.

Donnie

>>> simon@klaiber.com 02/08/02 03:48AM >>>
There is a benifit, when you need to do a lot log analyzation or have a lot
very different logging going on, you want to lok at in a convinient way
without looking at 100 log files. You can just put it in a Table and do
analyzes and or use a small (web-based) log-viewer program and have all
choices that you can think a "select" statment for.

Simon