From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB, Struts,and WebLogic 6.1 together
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:40:35 GMT
I've never set up log4j programmatically - I always use a .properties or -properties.xml file.
I'd probably have some kind of logging wrapper to isolate the app from Category, etc. So perhaps
a static initialization block in that wrapper class would work.

Donnie

>>> eric.ma@comcast.net 02/07/02 08:38PM >>>
What is the benefit of using JDBCAppenders over RFAppenders for EJB
related logging?  To me log files are so much easier to read, and I
prefer it over any database, unless there is a fundamental reason
against it, such as problems related to multiple threads trying to write
to the same file simultaneously when the app server is under load.

Donnie: can you provide some details how to set up log4j
programmatically so that I can use configAndWatch?  I would think a
stateless session bean loaded into the free pool at server startup can
be used.  Any other suggestions?