From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB, Struts,and WebLogic6.1 together
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:21:20 GMT
We don't do any programmatic startup stuff. It's all in our log4j.properties file.

We do use NDCs. So we have a servlet filter which sets the NDC to a value prefixed with "JSP"
when the app is in the "web app space", and a dynamic proxy which sets the NDC to a value
prefixed with "EJB" when the app is in the EJB space.

But as far as configuration goes, it's strictly in the .properties file.

Hope that helps,

Donnie

>>> eric.ma@comcast.net 02/05/02 08:18PM >>>
Thanks Donnie and Ceki.  One more question - how do you set up log4j?
Do you use a WebLogic startup class (will tie you to an app server
vendor)? A stateless session bean that is loaded in the free pool when
the server starts up? Or other mechanism?