From BLa...@flsg.follett.com
Subject Re: Log4J problem with WebSphere (or any EJB server)
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:48:19 GMT

This isn't the case with all EJB containers.  The EJB spec doesn't allow
file access.  As per stated in the spec (pg 494):

An enterprise bean must not use the java.io package to attempt to access
files and directories
in the file system.
The file system APIs are not well-suited for business components to access
data. Business components
should use a resource manager API, such as JDBC, to store data.

I recommend using the JDBCAppender.  Works great for our EJB's.

- Bob

                    "Michael Wang

                    (IT)"                    To:     "'Log4J Users List'" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <MWANG@bordersgro        cc:

                    upinc.com>               Subject:     Log4J problem with WebSphere
(or any EJB server)

                    02/14/2002 11:38

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Log4J Users

                    List"

Not sure if this problem only happens in WebSphere 4.0.2 or any EJB server.

I'm using Log4J 1.1.3 and Websphere 4.0.2.

I found a interesting thing is that

any log.debug/warn/error/info() code in my normal java class is able to be
written down into the log file.
However, any code in my EJB bean class are not doing in the same way.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Mike