From "Amit Vaidya" <amitvai...@infy.com>
Subject RE: WebLogic 6.1 and log4j
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:48:51 GMT
Weblogic allows us to define startup class.
Its a java program thats invoked at the time of app server startup.
I've successfully configured log4j with this technique.

Regards,
Amit

Amit Vaidya Infosys, Pune Phone-20-29-32800 Extn-5634

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Spies/Towers Perrin [mailto:spiesw@towers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 7:03 PM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: WebLogic 6.1 and log4j

I searched the archive for this question and could not find my exact
answer. I see that log4j is working in an app server environment so I
imagine it is not a bottleneck if I use it inside EJBs. I'm hoping it is
not I should say. My question though is this. How can I set the
ProperyConfigurator.configure() when there is no main in an app server
application?

Thanks for any help,

Will

P.S. Anyone using this in WLS see a bottleneck at all?