From Edward Zarecor <ezare...@camail.harvard.edu>
Subject migrating from 1.1.3 to 1.2beta
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:08:55 GMT
I'm trying to migrate some working code from log4j 1.1.3 to 1.2beta.  The
source compiles fine, but I'm getting the following messages at
runtime.  I've noted changes to the .dtd, e.g., that class is not required,
not implied.  However, the dtd still allows category and appender tags
inside <log4j:configuration> tags.  Does anyone know the source of these
errors?    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ed.

log4j:ERROR Parsing error on line 11 and column -1
log4j:ERROR Element "log4j:configuration" does not allow "category" here.
log4j:ERROR Parsing error on line 16 and column -1
log4j:ERROR Element "log4j:configuration" does not allow "appender" here.
log4j:ERROR Parsing error on line 24 and column -1
log4j:ERROR Element "log4j:configuration" does not allow "appender" here.