From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: How to work with custom Priorities?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:02:35 GMT

Thibault,

No, you definitely do not need to sub-class category. I suggest that you
run log4j with the debug option on. As in

log4j.debug=true
log4j.category.Cat=ALERT#MyProperty, A1

to see that the ALERT priority is being read in.

Now, if the ALERT priority is higher than the priority of your log
statement, then
log4j will not print anything...

Hope this helps, Ceki

At 10:14 07.02.2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>

>I am a new user of Log4j .... and I was just messing around to get used
>to the Log4j architecture. I wanted more priorities so I wrote my own
>Priority class extended from the default Log4j.Priority. But then came
>the problem ... nothing was logged anymore! I use the log() method form
>the Log4j.Category where you have to suply the priority(in this case my
>priorities), msg and a Thrownable ... In my property file I put
>something like:  log4j.category.Cat=ALERT#MyProperty, A1
>
>Do I have to write a sub-class of Category ?
>
>Thx for helping me ...
>

>Best regards,
>
>Thibault
>

>--