From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Question on multiple hierarchies and DOMConfigurator
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:15:00 GMT

Ulf,

It sounded like a bug. However, looking at the code I could not find any.
I'll write a test case and get back to you. Cheers, Ceki

At 10:26 06.02.2002 +0100, Leser, Ulf wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have a problem with multiple hierarchies and the DOMConfigurator.
>
>We first used multiple hierarchies using the PropertyConfigurator, following the example
given in SocketServer. It all worked fine.

>However, we now try to move to the DOMConfigurator. Here we get a problem - LOG4J says
that no appender is configured for the root category.

>The XML file we tried is below. We used this file with the default hierarchy, and there
it worked fine. Somehow LOG4J doesn't seem to relate the category defined by the <root>
- tag to the manually created root category (using spi.RootCategory as in SocketServer).

>Any clues why this could be ? Any help is highly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ulf
>
>----------
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
><!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">
>
><log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/'>
>
>        <appender name="editor" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
>           <param name="File" value="editor.log" />
>           <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>             <param name="ConversionPattern"
>                    value="%d %-5p [%t] %C{2} (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>
>           </layout>
>        </appender>
>
>        <appender name="root" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
>           <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>             <param name="ConversionPattern"
>                    value="%d %-5p [%t] %C{2} (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>
>           </layout>
>        </appender>
>
>        <category name="Editor">
>          <priority value="debug" />