From Balaraman Sujatha <sujat...@cisco.com>
Subject Updating configuration files across multiple Java VM's
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:21:49 GMT
Hi,

I have  multiple VM's running log4j. So, if I do a
PropertyConfigurator.ConfigureandWatch on one VM, is there any way that the
log4j messages (i.e) the category messages on the other VM's will see this
new configuration file, or do they need to be done on a per VM level ? Can
you please clarify ?

I do understand that if the PropertyConfigurator.ConfigureandWatch is set
on a root category, then all it's child categories will inherit this new
configuration file change, but will this work, even if the child categories
are in different VM's ?

Thanks.
Sujatha.