From "B Manikandan" <manikandan.balasubraman...@wipro.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB,Struts,and WebLogic 6.1 together
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:02:03 GMT

Hi,
    I have been trying to arrive at a good solution for this.But Iam still having problems.

My environment is EJB,Struts,log4j in Weblogic 6.1.

I have to use configureAndWatch and have my log4j property file in Weblogic server classpath.

I have placed log4j in my EAR file and all my EJB's refer to it using Class-Path attribute
in Manifest.

But what is the architecture to be followed for configuring log4j.I tried to use a weblogic
startup class.But this also needs log4j.jar.And that essentially means log4j in classpath,which
I do not want to do.

Is there a better alternative ?.

Mani