From Bobby Nations <bwnati...@fedex.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for using Log4j, EJB, Struts,and WebLogic6.1together
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:09:29 GMT

DONNIE HALE wrote:

>[snip]
>
>Our approach was likely to be an "admin" EJB which we'd call to accomplish what you're
using "configureAndWatch" for. The advantage of your approach is simplicity. The advantage
of ours is portability across both containers and logging packages.

Interesting thought, and one that I haven't considered (but maybe
should).  I'm at a bit of a loss when it comes to figuring out how the
admin bean would make known to all other objects in the EAR any new
settings for their log4j configuration.  Would you mind briefly
sketching that architecture?

Thanks,

Bobby

--