From Blondeel Thibault <thibault.blond...@acunia.com>
Subject How to work with custom Priorities?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:14:15 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am a new user of Log4j .... and I was just messing around to get used
to the Log4j architecture. I wanted more priorities so I wrote my own
Priority class extended from the default Log4j.Priority. But then came
the problem ... nothing was logged anymore! I use the log() method form
the Log4j.Category where you have to suply the priority(in this case my
priorities), msg and a Thrownable ... In my property file I put
something like:  log4j.category.Cat=ALERT#MyProperty, A1

Do I have to write a sub-class of Category ?

Thx for helping me ...

Best regards,

Thibault