From "Mark Masterson" <mark_master...@compuserve.com>
Subject RE: RE: SNMP appender?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:09:02 GMT
Acting on the tip from Jin Zhao, I've gone ahead and re-implemented this
appender.  It now uses the JoeSNMP library from the OpenNMS project
(www.opennms.org).  JoeSNMP is distributed under the GNU Lesser General
Public License (LGPL).  Thus, the appender no longer has any proprietary or
commercial dependencies of any kind.  I went ahead and took a shot at
re-formatting the code to match Ceki's style - indentation, etc. - and added
the Apache disclaimer.  There is one remaining drawback, from a Log4J
purist's viewpoint - JoeSNMP requires JDK 1.2 or higher.  Ceki, you're
welcome to add this appender to the main tree somewhere, if you think that's
appropriate despite the JDK drawback.

If Ceki doesn't add it, or you want to use it right away, the attached
classes are in a "org.apache.log4j.ext" package, which you'll need to add to
your copy of the source and re-compile to use them.

--Mark