From "Thomas Tuft Muller" <...@online.no>
Subject RE: How to load a config (XML formt) file at the Weblogic6.0sp1?.....
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:29:25 GMT
q1) I think you should trust the documentation to be correct, i.e. you can't
configure async-appenders via PropertyConfigurator, only DOMConfigurator.

q2) Look in the manual for configuring log4j with the -Dlog4j.configuration
VM parameter.

--

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay Dhanawade [mailto:ajaykumar_d@hotmail.com]
Sent: 01 October 2001 05:59
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to load a config (XML formt) file at the Weblogic6.0sp1?.....

Hi All,

I am newbie to log4j. So far whatever I have tried , log4j seems to be a
right way to go. Scott Has helped me a lot to get a jump start. Thanx Scott

We have a multiple web apps runing in same JVM (Weblogic Sever 6.0sp1). We
need to log the messages in asynchronous Fashion. So my question is

Q1) Can we use Config files (non-xml format) with AsyncAppender? As in the
Java Doc it is mentioned and I quote
"AsyncAppender</code> can only  be script configured using the {@link
   org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator}."

Q2) How to load the Config file (XML format) in Weblogic server6.0sp1 during
the server start-up?

Thanx in advance for your help and looking forward to get some pointers from
the log4j experts out there!!!

CIAO
Ajay

Keep the Faith! Good Happens!!