From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Log4J Setup using XML Configuration File
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:32:26 GMT
> Please find config file and test program attached. I guess I'm
> misunderstanding something with respect to configuration, but
> I can't see what.

I think you'd be better off starting off with a *simple* test program -
one that had a single appender (and not CompositeRollingAppender, which
I can't find) and one which just logs a message of each priority. That
way there's a lot less to get working... at the moment I think I'd need
at least another quarter of an hour to get your example working before I
could start working out what's going wrong (and I need to go out in
about 5 minutes)...

If you can provide a simple bit of XML and a simple bit of Java, and say
what you expect to happen and what's *actually* happening, I'll have
another look.

Jon