From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Date problem
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:52:57 GMT
> At 17:06 03.10.2001 +0100, you wrote:
> > > Why creates RollingFileAppender only example.log and
> > > example1.log? I need
> > > exampleN.log files.
> >
> >That's a case of configuring MaxBackupIndex - just set it to
> 15 to get
> >files example1.log to example15.log, for example.
>
> It's possible to make this dynamicly?

It's a configuration parameter which you can set in the same way as any
other - in a property file, in an XML file, or using code.

> >You can find source code for DatedFileAppender in the
> developers mailing
> >list.
>
> It's possible sening all of the types (info, warn, error,
> ...) to other logfiles like debug_info.log, debug_warn.log ...

Hmm. I'm not sure it is - you could have different appenders for
different files, but then you'd get all the warnings in the info log
too, as there's no way of specifying an *upper* bound on the severity of
event to log, as far as I know.

However, you could always write your own appender which did exactly that
(in fact, if you didn't mind configuring using XML, you could make it
very general purpose, where you could just specify one appender per log
level - I could imagine that would be quite a popular one).

Jon