From Shay Mandel <shay...@mercury.co.il>
Subject logging from more than one process to the same file
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:38:34 GMT
Hi,

I am using log4j from 2 processes using the same configuration file and
writing to the same log. The problem I have is that the rolling file
appender doesn't roll my files, and I am left with only one file. It doesn't
go over the maximum size, but I do lose some logging that I wanted to keep
backups of.
Does this problem occurs because there are 2 processes writing in the same
time ? Or is there some place else I should seek for the problem. Is there a
solution ?

TIA.

Shay Mandel