From Rajendran Marichetty <rmariche...@macromedia.com>
Subject FW: initial context parameters for JMSAppender
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 02:09:37 GMT
Marc,
sometime back when i posted the same question i received the modified JMS Appender from Priyank
that can take JNDI parameters from configuration file. Iam forwarding the mail again. Hope
this could solve your problem.
thx,
-raj

For the JMS appender; is it possible to specify the JNDI parameters (e.g. InitialContext)
through the use of the configuration file. If so what are the properties we can use?

Regards
Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: priyank.johri@verizon.com [mailto:priyank.johri@verizon.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:09 AM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: initial context parameters for JMSAppender

Raj,
We have changed JMSAppender so that it reads
the context factory and the provider url from the log4j
configuration file. I'm enclosing the changed file. The properties
are called: InitialContectFactory and ProvicerURL.

Priyank

"Rajendran Marichetty" <rmarichetty@macromedia.com>
08/21/2001 08:03 PM
Please respond to "LOG4J Users Mailing List"

        cc:
        Subject:        initial context parameters for JMSAppender

Hi,
I am trying to set up my log4j configuration for JMSAppenders, i could set
up the the topic binding / connection factory name in the property file
but don't know how to set up the initial context parameters, i want to
specify the provider url and provider specific classes in the property
file. I don't want to pass them as system property value.

I appreciate any help !
thx,
-raj