From Cory Omand <cory.om...@Sun.com>
Subject Re: configureHierarchy method
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:37:35 GMT
Ishihara,

There is a far easier way to get the address or hostname from the InetAddress...

String addr = inetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress();  // Returns '192.168.1.1'
String host = inetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();     // Returns 'torino'

C.

"Ishihara, Noriaki" wrote:

> Hi, all.
> Following is the source code for configureHierarchy method which is in SocketServer class.
> The code I am in question is that when 7 and 8th line of code (including comment).
>
> When inetAddress.toString() gets executed, it returns /my.local.ip.number.
> And then next line it searches for the index of "/".  Since toString method returns a
string starting with "/", index will be set to zero.
> Thus on the else clause, "String key = s.substring(0, i);".  The key variable will be
set to blank.
> So, that is the reason why my File statement fails.  (c:/.lcf will be the formed string)
>
> How is everybody coping with this, if you want to run the client from command line by
passing the configuration file absolute path?