From Aron Kramlik <aron.kram...@itouch.com.au>
Subject what could cause no new rolling file
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:29:50 GMT
Hi,

We are using a DailyRollingFileAppender and one logfile is set
to roll every hour and another set to roll every day.  We have
come across a strange problem where the application seems to
stop responding (it is an RMI server).  In the hour that the
application stops responding the log file that gets rolled
every hour does not get a new log file.  In the log that gets
rolled every hour we can see that the server kept logging
messages every minute until a certain minute of that hour.

I know there is not much you guys can do, and it is also
most likely not a log4j issue, but could anyone suggest why
the hourly rolled logfile would not get created and create
logs until the application dies.  How does it know ahead of
time that the application will cease to operate?

Any input would be much appreciated as this is a very
hard to debug.

Thanks,
Aron.

Aron Kramlik