From "G.L. Grobe" <g...@grobe.net>
Subject log4j in j2ee app
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 07:12:40 GMT
I just started working with Log4j and have a few questions about how to use
it w/ a j2ee app.

I don't know where to initialize the static Category so that my servlets,
actions (MVC using webwork), and ejb's can see it. I'm sure I don't init
this static category class in each servlet and every other entity that uses
it, but I'm also now sure how to use this in a j2ee app.

Also, I'm using JBoss and JBoss has a log4j.jar in the application classpath
so I'm thinking that means it uses the app classloader instead of the
web-app classloader to get at it (or a classloader at a high enough
hierarchy to access it).

Any help much appreciated.
TIA