From "Aron Kramlik" <aron.kram...@itouch.com.au>
Subject Java source file and line number disappear after a some time
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 05:20:15 GMT
Hi,

We are using the latest build of log4j, 1.1.3 on Linux and IBM JDK 1.2.2 and
1.3.
After our application has been running for some time we notice in our log
files that
we get "?:?" instead of the Java source file name and line number that the
log call
originated.  An example is given below.  Why does this happen and how can we
prevent it?  It would be much more helpful if these stayed for the duration
of the
application (forever hopefully).

2001-09-28 15:04:05,780 ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(2278)-192.168.35.13]
CMAServerImpl.handleAuthenticatedRequest(CMAServerImpl (?:?) - some problem
in logging process messages

Thanks for your help,

Aron.

Aron Kramlik