From "G.L. Grobe" <g...@grobe.net>
Subject seperate PropertyConfigurator file
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 21:43:42 GMT
I'm using JBoss 2.4 and as I understand it, there's a log4j.properties file
that it uses..

I'm hoping I can add a seperate properties file either in my J2EE app
somewheres, else I'll have to use the one in JBoss's ~/conf/default
directory. I was just wanting to separate the two so that it would be easier
on my users to not have to search through JBoss logging since I believe my
props file will be quite big.

Problem is, I can't seem to get it to find my properties file.
   PropertyConfigurator.configure("rtlog.properties");

Anyone done this? If so, where are you putting this props file ... is it
looking in the app classpath?

Another question, when using a RollingFileAppender, where would the log file
be placed once it's working? I didnt' see this mentioned anywheres.