From "TOMA,OLIVER (HP-Germany,ex1)" <oliver_t...@hp.com>
Subject Multiple File logging
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:50:44 GMT
hi there,

we have a problem which is probably already discussed,
so sorry in advance.

we have a framework which logs to a file to an specified
folder. this framework is written by someone else.

our application has to use this framework an is logging to
an different file in a different location.

here comes the problem along, because category is a singleton
pattern. our propertyfile seems to influence the other one and
as result, all file logging happens in accordance to our properties.

so the frameworkers feel very distingushed, because they actually
do not know to which destination their logging output writes.

any idea of hw to log to different destination without influencing
an exsiting configuration?

thanks in advance,
 oliver