From Jim Moore <jim.mo...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: Problem with ConsoleAppender and redirected STDOUT
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:37:25 GMT
Sounds like it's likely a timing problem.  Is the ConsoleAppender being
initialized before or after the framework?  If before, then CategoryAppender
has the pointer to the STDOUT (what System.out pointed to when
ConsoleAppender was initialized), not the redirected pointer given to
System.out by your framework.

-Jim Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: Anshul Chhabra [mailto:anshul@techone.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 6:45 PM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: Problem with ConsoleAppender and redirected STDOUT

Hi all
	I am using the ConsoleAppender. But, another framework that I use -
redirects STDOUT to a frame on the GUI. However, the messages sent to the
category - and this appender - still go to the dos window and NOT to the
redirected window.
	How can this be fixed? Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Anshul Chhabra
Techone Inc.