From "Cakalic, James P." <James.Caka...@heybridge.com>
Subject RE: how can install tomcat as a service in Win 2000
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:14:22 GMT
Not really a log4j question, but in the true community spirit ...

Have a look at the Jakarta NT Service page
    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/NT-Service-howto.html

and also the Alexandria Software JavaService tool which is referenced there
    http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html

Between what is provided with Tomcat (usable on JDK 1.2) and the Alexandria
JavaService (open source NT service Java invoker for JDK 1.3), you should be
set. I haven't used these to run Tomcat, but I have used JavaService to run
other Java applications as services. Running a Java application that is an
IBM WebSphere EJB client is no simple task. Try running it as an NT/2000
service! JavaService performed wonderfully. (No personal connection to the
company. Just a satisfied and grateful user.)

Best regards,
Jim Cakalic